In today’s digitally connected world, web development is providing solutions to nearly everything in life. A recent survey conducted by Netcraft shows that there are more than 200 million active websites in the world right now, and astoundingly, when you add inactive websites too, the number is nearly 10 times as much! Moreover, it is estimated that there are over 200 new websites being floated around every single minute.
In such a scenario, there is lots of competition on the world wide web, and one of the best ways to stay ahead of the curve is to keep yourself updated with the latest trends in customized web development and adopt them for your own website.
Here is a list of the major web development trends that you need to follow in 2019:
· Artificial Intelligence (AI) – AI is soon becoming the defining core component of digitalization. As more and more companies vie to employ digital transformation of their business, the role and impact of AI will be more important than ever before. The AI industry is taking the world by storm and it is estimated that more than 40% of existing organizations will deploy some form of AI technology in 2019 to achieve more productivity and increased customer satisfaction.
· Single Page Applications (SPAs) – SPAs caught up big-time in 2018. Owing to the fat that they are easy to navigate through, it won’t be surprising that they become even more popular in 2109. With the kind of speed and simplicity they provide to the end-user by getting rid of complex menus and wayward navigation, SPAs are sure to warm the hearts of internet users in 2019.
· Blockchain Technology – With heavyweights like IBM, Microsoft and Amazon developing their own Blockchain technology platforms, it is surely poised to gain wider use across varied industry verticals. Based on a P2P network that stores data on a distributed ledger that can never be compromised, Blockchain technology facilitates instant authentication of massive online transactions and streamlines the management of supply chains. Bitcoin is a prime example of how Blockchain technology is a thing of the future.
· Motion UI – Internet users nowadays have diminishing attention spans and are increasingly getting inclined to simple, interactive graphics on web pages. Web development companies are realizing that the days of static images and flash graphics is gone and creative, evocative motion UI is the way to move forward in 2019. Users are demanding more engaging, vibrant graphics, and this trend is here to stay.
· Push Notifications – Push notifications have seen tremendous success on mobile apps and owing to this fact, they are soon becoming an integral part of websites too. They are now being used to notify users about new content, company announcements and promotions and discounts. In other words, they are doing the work that previously company newsletters used to do, only that they are easier to manage on both the user as well as the organization’s end.
Ultimately, web development trends are constantly evolving and apart from these, technologies like VUI, AR and IoT are also gaining momentum. There is no doubt that these emerging and existing technologies will play an important part in the web development trends of 2019.